Motorcycle Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motorcycle Life

Where all motorcycles are created equal.

Homeloose rear spoket. I_icon_mini_portalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

loose rear spoket.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Magna 750
Rider
Magna 750

loose rear spoket. Empty
PostSubject: loose rear spoket.   loose rear spoket. EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 5:46 am

Need an answer that seems to be very elusive. While oiling my chain I noticed the part of the hub that the sproket attaches to has some play in it . In other words if I rock the rear wheel the sproket can stay put. It is about 1/16th of an inch movement. The Honda manual shows that there are dampeners behind this part of the hub but it did not indicate if there should be any kind of play . Oh I have a 97 Honda Magna
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Admin
oldschool

loose rear spoket. Empty
PostSubject: Re: loose rear spoket.   loose rear spoket. EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 12:14 pm

Are you talking that the play in the axle? Do you have a solid or spoke rim?
Back to top Go down
https://motorcyclelife.forumotion.net
Magna 750
Rider
Magna 750

loose rear spoket. Empty
PostSubject: Re: loose rear spoket.   loose rear spoket. EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 5:03 am

Solid rim . Hard to explain.. You know how the brake drum side is two piece with the brake housing on the outside but solid to the swingarm. Well picture the sproket attached to a piece similar to that that fits into the hub on the opposite side. This piece is solid to the sproket and moves with it. This piece has the play between it and the hub. It looks in the manual that this piece fits into slots in the hub and contains dampers. It does not indicate if these dampers are solid or soft rubber and it mentions nothing about free play.
Found this Schematic
http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/servicehonda/Honda_OEM/HondaMC.asp?Type=13&A=186&B=38
It's part #'s 5 and 3 that are in question
The guy I knew at honda quit and I can't ask him. They have new owners and want me to "Bring it in we will have a look " For $75.00 they'll look.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Admin
oldschool

loose rear spoket. Empty
PostSubject: Re: loose rear spoket.   loose rear spoket. EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 10:43 am

Ok, is it in and out play on the sprocket?
Back to top Go down
https://motorcyclelife.forumotion.net
Magna 750
Rider
Magna 750

loose rear spoket. Empty
PostSubject: Re: loose rear spoket.   loose rear spoket. EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 8:13 pm

rotational. fore and aft. almost a quarter tooth
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

loose rear spoket. Empty
PostSubject: Re: loose rear spoket.   loose rear spoket. Empty

Back to top Go down

loose rear spoket.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Motorcycle Life :: Motorcycle Garage :: Motorcycle Repairs-
Jump to: